Monday, January 24, 2011

New adventure

Tomorrow (Jan 25th) I will be embarking on a missions trip to Thailand. I will be meeting up with some other pastors and volunteers to put on a conference for missionaries from China. It is weird how it is cheeper for 10 or so of us to travel across the ocean to another country to lead this trip. But strangely it is. I will be leading a group of 15 youth in a conference/camp for 5 days. Our theme will be Main Event. Talking about the importance of Quiet times and giving them some ideas/tools to liven up the most important time of the day, the "Main event" of our day. We will be studying together and spending time with our Lord. These students have grown up in the church and are very intelligent when it comes to the bible. I am excited to learn with them. But like all of us we need to take our head knowledge and put it into action. We may know much of the bible but without a relationship with our creator we are just like the Pharisees. So I will be back in the states Feb 5th 11am back in lewiston. I am going to try to update this blog but may get a little busy. I hope to share what we did (as in quiet time ideas) on future blogs.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Enjoy Thailand! If you see David & Ty King (at the Int'l church) tell them their old youth pastor says "bonjour".