Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Workout/eating regiment

Yesterday i ran my last run before the half marathon on saturday. This has been a 7 months of running. I am kinda surprised with myself that I am writing this Bolg. Cuz I am not the work out type. But since March I have been going hard core and it has lead to weight loss. I have lost 25 lbs. I didn't know i had to loose. I did it not for the weight loss but to get in shape so I can be able to run around with my child on the way. Here is what I am doing.

I Eat plenty of veggies and fruit.
Drink lots of water. (one website said take your weight divide it by two and then that is the amount of ounces you should drink)
Stay away from Diet drinks. The body has a hard time breaking down nutri-sweet. Not that it works harder to do that but it just can't. So regular soda is better. But not alot.
I try to keep my liver clean. The liver is the place that breaks down fat and filters everything out. But Nutri-sweet and too much sugar clogs that up. So the body has to do something with it so it goes to the limphnodes. Then they get big. For guys in there gut and girls hips, tummy, and breast.
A heath guru told me that it takes 32 8ounce cups of water to neutralize a 8 ounce can of soda. To clear it out of my system.
I stay away from alcohol as well.

So then to workout i do hard core cardio. I run 3-4 times a week. I also go to the cycling class at the gym. But cardio is what helps loose weight and your diet.

If I can do it you can too. As the wise words of a little movie we like to call Happy Gilmore "YOU CAN DO IT!"

I AM NOT A TRAINER! I DO NOT CLAIM TO BE! THIS IS JUST WHAT I DID.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Jon- great encouragement for those of us who need it. How did your half marathon go? Steve