Friday, October 1, 2010

40 Days of Blogging

Over the last few years I have not blogged. I have kinda forgot about it and have put my time towards different things. I enjoy blogging and sharing my thoughts but life is busy. I thought that I would spend some time before Cassie gives birth to our child in March and start this habit again. So over the next month and a half I will be writing about life as a future dad, daily experiences, life as a youth pastor and things God is teaching me.

I would like to just share today about how excited I am to be a dad. I have been watching parents more closely lately. Seeing how they deal with parenthood. We have started thinking of names for our baby. I personally like the names Rainn Coats, Leather Coats, and Fur Coats. LOL not really. It is funny how people come up with names. My dads side of the family has a tradition to name the middle name after the OBGYN. It is kinda personal and I think it is kinda funny. I know people name after family members and even people that have had significance in the life of the parents. Some people go off of the meaning of the name or the way it the name rolls off the tongue.
What I am most excited about is holding our child, teaching it, playing games and watching it grow. It is going to be a big adjustment but the closer it gets the more I am excited.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

sweet jon! i am looking forward to reading your blog! :)