Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Face your fears day

As I was trying to wake up this morning because it is SO SO SO dark out when I normally wake up, i hit snooze a few times. Well one of the times that I hit snooze the radio was going over events for the day or something like that. I heard that it was face your fears day. Now being put on the spot to go through with this today is a tough one at least for me. You will see why. Facing fears is often times a drummed up thing in our head. It can be something that we dislike a lot and the in between times when we face it we add to the fear. So it ends up being more than it really is.
I don't feel like I have a lot of fears but I do have a few. #1 fear is Snakes. I hate them they creap me out. And I would be willing to face that one today but don't know anyone with a snake. #2 fear failing. Now this is something that I can't go ahead a fail at something and get over it. This is a constant thing that I have to work on. #3 fear is death. Not the after life, not the lead up to it, but more of the moment of death and the pain of it. This is also something that I can go ahead and face at least today. I can surrender it to God though.
So face your fears today. If you know of someone that has a snake call me and I will go over and hold it.

No comments: