Thursday, January 15, 2009

Beauty and the Work




It is so beautiful here in Gabon. There are lush vegitation. Vines everywhere. It is weird that the plantations are in the vas vegitations. In the states we cut down the weeds so the trees aren't choaked out. Not here. I can see why Survivor would call this place Earth's last Eden. It is so pretty. If you like green surrounding you. I took some pictures from on top of the water tower. It is only 60 feet tall. Down the river near here. And one of the hospital compound.

I got a chance to put together the cross straps the last two days. It feels really nice to have a job to do. But it is hard climbing up and down the scafleting and clibing all around. I will send pictures soon about this. It has taken a toll on me. I was tired last night. I went to bed at 9pm here last night. I am feeling 8:30 is feeling like a good number tonight.

We put up the girters. (The steel that goes under the roofing) and we put up the beams from the three beams that we placed. Today we are getting the bar joist in place which will hold the second floor. It is coming together.

Kay made dinner yesterday in the crockpot. She made stew. I am making spaghetti with corn tonight. This is my specialty.

4 comments:

carloesse75 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pops said...

.. you always loved spaghetti as a boy .... glad that you have the gift to create it now for others, way to go Jon !!

pops said...

T@@K pictures on top of the 60 foot water tower !!! whoa ......... sure glad you do not have the fear of heights that I do !!

Hannah said...

awesome pictures jon! and look at you working hard! its a good thing cassie isnt there to watch you climb up the water tower...remember how freaked out she was when you climbed up the grain bins...haha! im glad you are doing good! tell my daddy hi for me! :)