Wednesday, January 21, 2009

thoughts on the last two weeks

Here i am in Libreville on our way home. I am rushed with many thoughts. Katie (Arney and Cheryl's'youngest) peppered me with questions on what I liked the most about Bongolo. I told her that I liked the different colors of green on the veggitation. The smiles of the people on the faces when we would say "Hi." The little little kids that would be so excited to wave hello when we drive by to got find a tool or part. The chance to help a place that is sharing God's word and many are responding.

It is hard to leave only because we worked so hard and it went by so fast that it almost feels like the two weeks went by as we blinked. But at the same time I am ready to come home.

I am stoked on how well the meals went. I really didn't think it would have gone as well. I will need a break from cooking but will help more often from here on out. I have more of a respect for my wife and how she cooks for me and that they are so good.

I am praying for the workers that do not know God (Bob Marley, Sammy Sosa, Samaky, and Abrahim) I am praying for the missionaries there that they would continue on in a place that is so far away from home and away from the comfort that they know. I am praying for the churches that have spured from the hospital. From what i have seen there are about 5 but I am guessing that there are at least 3 if not 4 times that amount. I that the hospital would continue to provide the hope and joy that only our Lord brings.